• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

strange depression...

tannerdanger3

Greenlighter
lately i've been in a really strange mood. I used to be usually really outgoing and social, but recently i've been depressed and withdrawn. every week or so when i look back it feels like "back then was a better time." i struggle to get out of bed and i struggle even harder to leave the house and do things. when i do get active, i find that the things i used to find fun and enjoyable are not even slightly entertaining now. honestly i've become really anti-social and i spend most of my time alone reading and when people come home i book straight to my room. i frequently think about what would happen if i was just dead but i don't know that i would ever act on that. i'm just really in an aweful place right now and it's hard not knowing why.

can anyone suggest a way to turn this around or has anyone ever felt like i have? any imput would cause me to <3 you for lief.

tan man

Maybe try reading through posts in The Dark Side? For me, the only real cure for depression is exercise. Doesn't have to be strenuous, just a walk somewhere nice, like in nature, really helps level out my thoughts. It's a great way to do something positive without having to concentrate.